Call for Nominations - FY20 Board of Directors
April 15, 2019
HIMSS Northern California Chapter Member,
The HIMSS Northern California Chapter is accepting nominations of candidates for positions on our volunteer Board of Directors for the 2019 - 2020 fiscal year.
What Positions Are Available?
- President-Elect (3 year term: President Elect, President, Past-President)
- Secretary (1 year term)
- Treasurer ( 2 year term)
- At-large Board Members in following positions (2-year term)
- Membership Committee Chair
- Programs Committee Chair
- Sponsorship Committee Chair
- Advocacy Committee Co-Chair
Requirements: All applicants and nominees must be members of the Northern California Chapter for one year. Membership in HIMSS National is required for the officer positions and is highly desirable for all board positions. Applicants and nominees cannot be serving simultaneously on the Board of Directors of any other HIMSS Chapter. Applicants are being sought from individuals who have attended and/or volunteered at past chapter events and are interested in furthering the goals of the chapter.
Members of Northern California Chapter Board are required to participate in monthly board meetings (in-person or by telephone), and the Chapter’s educational and other events over the course of their term. We're looking for team-players who can commit to participation and a work level of approximately 8-20 hours per month, depending on the position and the time of the year. All elected officers and Board appointees will be expected to attend a full day Board Planning Retreat, which is scheduled during the month of June.
If you're interested in holding one of the officer positions, please submit the following to the Nominating Committee Chair at Nancy@cios4cloud.com (with "FY20 ELECTIONS" in the subject) not later than May 1st, 2019:
- A one-page resume/career-summary that describes your background, education, employment history, other volunteer positions you've held, etc.; please include email and telephone contact numbers where the Nominating Committee may best contact you.
- A one-page (or less) description of why you believe you're a good candidate to hold one of the available positions (please identify the specific position you're interested in holding).
Applications received will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee, which will recommend a slate of candidates for elections to be held during the month of May 2019. Those elected will be notified within a few days of the election, with an announcement to the Northern California Chapter membership and HIMSS National shortly thereafter.
Thank you for your participation and support in the HIMSS Northern California Chapter, I encourage you to consider getting involved in our Chapter’s leadership and would look forward to working with each of you as we work to advance healthcare through the use of information technology.
Northern California Chapter President