California HIMSS Virtual State Advocacy Event & Campaign
During the COVID-19 pandemic, California’s advancements in Telehealth adoption has become vital in coping with the increasing demand for healthcare access. As our state continues to face this public health crisis, we need your support to continue the expansion of Telehealth throughout our state’s healthcare landscape. There are three bills currently in the state legislature: Assembly Bill 2164, Assembly Bill 2464, and Senate Bill 1278. These bills will support providers and their patients in expanding the breadth of California’s Telehealth services as well as establish practice standards for Telehealth services delivered.
- (AB 2164) Creating an E-Consult Services and Telehealth Assistance grant program
- (AB 2464) Establishing a grant program to fund a statewide pediatric behavioral telehealth network
- (SB 1278) Ensuring that generally accepted standards of practice for telehealth services
Hear from National HIMSS Government Relations staff on:
- Federal and state government responses to COVID-19
- State and local strategies for a public health emergency
- Final federal interoperability rules
- Advocacy 101 and opportunity to participate in the HIMSS CA State Virtual March to support California’s telehealth bills.
- Alana Lerer, MPH, CAHIMS, Manager, Government Relations, HIMSS
- Valerie Rogers, MPH, Director, Government Relations, HIMSS
- Jeff Coughlin, MPP, Senior Director, Government Relations, HIMSS
Update on the HIMSS CA State Virtual March to support California’s telehealth bills.
- Mei Wa Kwong, JD, Executive Director, Center for Connected Health Policy
- Prentice Tom, MD, Chief Innovation Officer, Vituity
- Nancy Hall, Advocacy Chair, HIMSS Northern California
- Jan Oldenburg, FHIMSS, Principal ,Participatory Health Consulting
- Ian Slade, RN, MBA, PMP, VP, Advocacy, HIMSS SoCal; Managing Partner, I&T Consulting Group LLC
- Steven Lane, MD, Clinical Informatics Director for Privacy, Information Security & Interoperability, Sutter Health