Registration and Wait List are now fully closed.
On September 24th and 25th, the Northern California HIMSS Chapter in affiliation with Healthcare Informatics Education is sponsoring the Nursing Informatics Boot Camp, a 2-day course designed for Nursing Informatics professionals in San Francisco.
This intensive two day course focuses on current informatics trends and issues in health. It includes content for nurses interested in becoming Certified Informatics Nurses. Other clinical professionals working in informatics may wish to take the course to become exposed to the course topics.
- Discuss the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice
- Describe professional practice, trends and issues within the informatics nurse role
- Explore management and leadership issues affecting informatics in healthcare settings
- Identify key concepts in informatics, information technology, information management, knowledge generation and data security
- Consider human factors in relation to information technology systems
- Describe models and theories associated with informatics
- Delineate steps of the system life cycle as it applies to information technology in the health setting
Click here for full agenda.
Earlybird rate through August 15 - $425
Regular rate August 16 through September 20 - $495
14.hours of CEU credits will be offered. Axxess Consult Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation. 14.0 hours of continuing education credit will be awarded upon completion of this offering. Full attendance at the program is required.
Note: This program is approved for up to 14.5 continuing education (CE) hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) and the Certified Associate in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CAHIMS).
A Wine & Cheese Networking will follow at 4:30 pm on Thursday, Sept. 24!