FY18 Board Nominations
May 8, 2017
HIMSS Northern California Chapter Member,
Beginning May 9, 2017, the HIMSS Northern California Chapter is accepting the nomination of candidates for positions on our volunteer Board of Directors for the 2017 - 2018 fiscal year.
What Positions Are Available?
- President-Elect 2017 - 2018
- 3 year term (President Elect, President, Past-President)
- Secretary 2017 - 2018
- 1 year term
- 2 year term
- Two "at-large" board member positions (appointed by the Board of Directors)
- 2 year terms
But Wait...There's More!
We are also looking for volunteers to help with our events, membership, innovation, and sponsorship.
- Member Relations: We are actively planning to deepen our relationships with our Organizational Affiliates (OA) that include all major healthcare organizations in our region. Our need is for onsite chapter OA Liaison Officers and marketing representatives that will carry the chapter's messaging to our OAs and HIT leadership.
- Sponsor Relations: We are developing strategies that optimize our sponsoring vendor's brand to the membership. This will require a close working relationship and coordination with Member Relations and Marketing.
- Chapter Innovations: An opportunity to help each chapter committee design and complete a small project that lessens the load of its members', while advancing its effectiveness in serving the membership and board's needs.
- Event Volunteers: Whether it is for a single event or a position on a standing committee, event volunteers are able to explore how their passions fit with the chapter, while networking with key people in the Northern California HIT community. All are welcome.
What Do Volunteers Have to Say?
"As a Startup CEO and entrepreneur, I am driven by reimagining ways to support safe and efficient patient care with modern technologies. To do that, it is vital that we understand the current and legacy IT environments of our customers. We must also respect, even if we challenge, how stakeholders think about the evolution of their environments. Through NoCal HIMSS we've had unparalleled access to successful IT professionals who have shared their expertise, thereby bringing more insight and credibility to our work." - Sherri Douville, Board Volunteer & CEO, Medigram
"Being on the HIMSS NorCal board and working with the amazing people here has been a rewarding experience for me in the last 2+ years. I have made new friends, many professional contacts, and have been a part of a culture that focuses on giving back to patients, providers, and the Health IT communities. Indeed, it is my great honor and pleasure to serve and work with the dedicated group of volunteers that make up our board." - Prashant Natarajan, Director of Product Strategy, Oracle
"I can say the that extra step of working with the Board of Directors has been so very rewarding. I know that the help is needed and it feels great to get involved and help this wonderful team organize, fundraise, and put together these great events I have attended and taken advantage of for so long. If you are looking to join an organization for networking opportunities, sales pipeline build, and or just building your business contacts, you won't find a better group of people to connect with or a better organization in HIMSS to get involved with. Top quality events, top quality organization, and a top-quality team. Simply put, everybody wins." - Dr. Robert Lozeron
Are You Eligible?
All applicants and nominees must be members of the Northern California Chapter. Membership in HIMSS National is required for the officer positions and is highly desirable for all board positions. Applicants and nominees cannot be serving simultaneously on the Board of Directors of any other HIMSS Chapter (per HIMSS National bylaws). If you have volunteered at past events or are interested in furthering the goals of the chapter, now is the time to join the leadership team.
What About Time Commitments?
Members of Northern California Chapter Board are required to participate in monthly board meetings (usually a conference call) and the Chapter's events over the course of their term. We're looking for team-players who can commit to participation and a work level of approximately 8-20 hours per month, depending on the position and the time of the year.
There is also a 1 day Planning Retreat during the month of June.
If you're interested in holding one of the officer positions, please submit the following to email@example.com (with "FY18 ELECTIONS" in the subject) not later than May
19 26, 2017:
- A one-page resume/career-summary that describes your background, education, employment history, other volunteer positions you've held, etc.; please include email and telephone contact numbers where the Nominating Committee may best contact you.
- A one-page (or less) description of why you believe you're a good candidate to hold one of the available positions. Please identify the specific position you're interested in holding.
- If you're looking to help with one of the event volunteer, membership, sponsorship, or innovation positions, you do not need to complete the application process-just send as an email to let us know you'd like to be a board volunteer!
Applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee, which will recommend a slate of candidates to the general membership for the elections to be held May 22 - May 26.
Those elected will be notified within a few days of the election and there will be an announcement to the Northern California Chapter membership shortly thereafter.
I encourage you to get involved in our Chapter's leadership and look forward to working with you to advance healthcare through the use of information technology.
Thank you for your participation and support in the HIMSS Northern California Chapter.
Chair, Nominating Committee