Spring 2019 Newsletter - Call for Nominees
Beginning, April 1, 2019, the HIMSS Northern California Chapter is accepting the nomination of candidates for the following positions on our volunteer Board of Directors for the next fiscal year beginning July 1:
What positions are available?
- President-Elect (3-year term)
- Secretary (2-year term)
- Treasurer (2-year term)
- Membership Committee Chair
- Programs Committee Chair
- Sponsorship Committee Chair
- Advocacy Committee Co-Chair
Are you eligible?
All applicants and nominees must be active members of the Northern California HIMSS chapter in good standing. Membership with HIMSS nationals is a required for all executive committee positions and strongly encouraged for committee chairs. Executive committee positions also require that candidates be an existing member of the Board of Directors. Applicants cannot be serving simultaneously on the Board of Directors of any other HIMSS chapters (i.e., SoCal, other states). Preference will be given to candidates that have actively volunteered on committees or events in the past.
What is the time commitment?
Members of the Northern California HIMSS chapter Board of Directors are expected to participate in monthly board meetings, as well as a one-day board retreat. Outside of formal meetings, board members should plan to dedicate 8-20 hours per month to assist with chapter activities.
If you're interested in holding one of the officer positions, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (with "FY20 ELECTIONS" in the subject) not later than April 21, 2019:
- A one-page resume/career-summary that describes your background, education, employment history, other volunteer positions you've held, etc.; please include email and telephone contact numbers where the Nominating Committee may best contact you.
- A one-page (or less) description of why you believe you're a good candidate to hold one of the available positions. Please identify the specific position you're interested in holding.
- If you're looking to help with one of the event volunteer, membership, sponsorship, or innovation positions, you do not need to complete the application process-just send as an email to let us know you'd like to be a board volunteer!
Applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee, which will recommend a slate of candidates to the general membership for the elections to be held in mid-May. Those elected will be notified within a few days of the election and there will be an announcement to the Northern California Chapter membership shortly thereafter.