Summer 2018 Newsletter - Reflecting on the Clinical Advisory Council
By Margit Chapman, Education Committee, CAC Chair
I had the pleasure and honor this year to chair the newly formed HIMSS NorCal Clinical Advisory Council (CAC), comprised of physicians, pharmacists, RNs, and informaticists. This was a pilot project sponsored by the HIMSS NorCal Education Committee. Our goal was to ensure that topics of interest for clinicians were included at various HIMSS NorCal Chapter events to better serve our membership and boost event participation from physicians, pharmacists, and RNs.
The CAC had a very active year, contributing ideas, critiques, and helpful advisory in the planning for the ePatient Summit, which resulted in a rich agenda of speakers and panelists. In addition, the CAC compiled topics that would be of interest to clinicians to pursue through our Regional Program Directors for HIMSS NorCal MeetUps.
The CAC pilot has been successful and will continue its advisory services during routine monthly calls next fiscal year, during the heavy planning period of September 2018 through January 2019. During the other months, CAC calls will be arranged as needed by various HIMSS NorCal Committee Chairs.
I would like to thank Nik Tehrani, HIMSS NorCal Education Committee Chair, for his sponsorship and support, Jason Johnson, HIMSS NorCal Programs Chair, for his valued participation, and all the CAC members who contributed highly appreciated advisory.
- Mitesh Rao, MD, Patient Safety Office, Stanford Health Care
- Michael Aratow, MD, CMIO, San Mateo Medical Center
- Marco Oliver D. Lopez, DNP, MBA, RN-BC, FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC, CPHIMS, San Francisco Department of Public Health
- Arlene Johnstone, PharmD, Marin General Hospital
- Dan Nolt, PharmD, Lead Information Technology Pharmacist, Valley Children’s Hospital
- Robert Wilkov, PhD, Integration Consultant
- Rosalind Lindsay, RN, PMP, Physician Practice Manager, Northwest Permanente, PC. Specialty Care Administration
- Santosh Mohan, MMCi, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, More Disruption Please (MDP) Labs, athenahealth
- Christopher A. Cruz, RN-BC, CPHIMS
We look forward to the upcoming year!